Last updated 27/05/2022 9:53am
Please refer to the Department of Health Website for detailed information regarding COVID19 restrictions in Residential Aged Care.
Visitors are permitted into aged care.
Requirements for visits:
- Up to 5 visitors (including dependents) at any one time per resident.
- Must Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) on Entry. RATs will be supplied by Ashleigh House
- A negative PCR test result within 24 hours prior to visiting a care facility can substitute for the need for a COVID-19 rapid antigen test
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be supplied by Ashleigh House on entry to the facility.
- Where visitors are not fully vaccinated, visits should occur either outdoors or in the resident’s own room(s), they should not occur in common areas.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter if they:
- have symptoms of COVID-19
- have had a COVID-19 test because they have symptoms or have attended an exposure site and are waiting for the result
- are required to isolate or quarantine
- have had contact with a COVID positive person in the past 14 days
- have arrived into Australia from overseas within the past 14 day